AUM / OM
AUM / OM Symbolic Information
The syllable Om is composed of the three sounds A-U-M. The symbol’s threefold nature is central to its meaning. It represents triads like three worlds; earth, atmosphere and heaven, three major Hindu gods; Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. The syllable is often found at the beginning and the end of chapters in the Vedas, the Upanishads, and other Hindu texts.
Thus Om mystically embodies the essence of the entire universe. It is the vibration and cosmic sound of the universe which is the root of the universe that holds everything together. It represents five aspects of human consciousness and three stages of cosmic creation. It celebrates the creative powers of the universe and used as a tool for meditation.
As a sacred sound, the pronunciation of the AUM is metaphorical and meaningful. The dream state (symbolised by U), lies between the waking state (A) and the state of deep sleep (M). Indeed a dream is but the compound of the consciousness of waking life shaped by the unconsciousness of sleep. It brings and summons the aspects of this powerful symbol for the one who carries it.
- Aum / Om is made from a 3mm triplex wood.
- Pendant has a specially designed laser-cut wood closure.
- All pendants are fabricated in our small atelier. Each piece is hand finished and will arrive in 10 x 10 cm (3.9 x 3.9″) sized if it is big 10 x 12 (3.9 x 4.7″) sized eco-friendly and elegant gift box packages.
- There are 3 options for sizes for the pendants;
- small measure . 3 cm x 3 cm (1.1 x 1.1″)
- midi measure . 4 cm x 4 cm (1.5 x 1.5″)
- standard measure . 5 cm x 5 cm (1.9 x 1.9″)
- Variety of options for cords;
- Silver, White or Black Chain
- Waxed Robe (yellow, light/dark blue, white, cream, light/dark green, light/dark brown, red, pink, orange, purple)
- There are 2 options for length of the cords;
- mini measure . 40 cm (16″)
- standard measure . 48 cm (19″)
- it is possible to customise the length based on your request
- Please keep in mind that no two items are the same in terms of their wood texture and colour.
- Remember to keep this necklace out of the water as it is made from delicate materials.
- Items can only be returned for an exchange if it has a fault or defect within 14 days in original packaging.