Octahedron Symbolic Information
Platonic Solids get their name from the ancient Greek philosopher and mathematician Plato (c427-347 BC) who wrote about them in his treatise, Timaeus. The Greeks taught that these five solids were the core patterns of physical creation. Four of the solids were seen as the archetypal patterns behind the four elements (earth, air, fire, and water), while the fifth was held to be the pattern behind the life force itself, the Greeks’ ether. They are thought to describe and symbolise the five states of “matter”.
Each has equal edges, same distance from the centre and representing the five elements and that derived from Merkaba. The platonic solids are 3-dimensional polygons with a sequential relationship to one another called duals or congruency. This congruence occurs when one polygon with its unique shape, size and facets can be transformed into the next polygon by changing its placement by flipping or rotation.
These shapes and forms that are part of the makeup of all living things also correspond the five elements as a connotation of the five senses. These same shapes are now realised to be intimately related to the arrangements of protons and neutrons in the elements of the periodic table. In other words, they are the building blocks of organic life. These structures found in mineral, animated life form, sound, language etc. They called; Tetrahedron, Hexahedron, Octahedron, Dodecahedron, Icosahedron.
Fire = Tetrahedron / Earth = Cube / Air = Octahedron /
Water = Icosahedron / Aether = Dodecahedron
This symbol is the combination of Octahedron within the Fruit of Life. Octahedron is third of the platonic solids and having 8 triangular sides. It symbolises the element of air and is linked to the Heart Chakra which the centre for love, compassion & our spiritual nature. This chakra is where we access our healing and nurturing aspects. The shape of the Octahedron symbolises reflection, compassion and healing. It signifies the careful balance of multiple forces suggesting the need for diplomacy, grace and willingness to learn.
- The Octahedron is made from a 3mm triplex wood.
- Pendant has a specially designed laser-cut wood closure.
- All pendants are fabricated in our small atelier. Each piece is hand finished and will arrive in 10 x 10 cm (3.9 x 3.9″) sized if it is big 10 x 12 (3.9 x 4.7″) sized eco-friendly and elegant gift box packages.
- There are 3 options for sizes for the pendants;
- small measure . 3 cm x 3 cm (1.1 x 1.1″)
- midi measure . 4 cm x 4 cm (1.5 x 1.5″)
- standard measure . 5 cm x 5 cm (1.9 x 1.9″)
- There are 2 options for rotation of the pendant. Please check the diagram.
- Variety of options for cords;
- Silver, White or Black Chain
- Waxed Robe (yellow, light/dark blue, white, cream, light/dark green, light/dark brown, red, pink, orange, purple)
- There are 2 options for length of the cords;
- mini measure . 40 cm (16″)
- standard measure . 48 cm (19″)
- it is possible to customise the length based on your request
- Please keep in mind that no two items are the same in terms of their wood texture and colour.
- Remember to keep this necklace out of the water as it is made from delicate materials.
- Items can only be returned for an exchange if it has a fault or defect within 14 days in original packaging.